- Chance to work in a dynamic team in a growing peak body
- Attractive salary packaging options
- Part time 0.8 EFT contract until 30 November 2019
We are currently seeking an experienced Dementia Educator to join our Client Services team based in East Perth. The position involves the delivery of education and support sessions to carers and people living with dementia as well as providing workshops for the broader community.
To be successful in this role you will have a passion for working as part of team achieving positive change and enjoy supporting the learning of others.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated experience and skill in facilitating and evaluating effective learning programs and environments for adults in community settings.
- Knowledge of the issues involved with dementia and an empathy and concern for people with dementia and their family and carers.
- Skills and experience in group facilitation /family group work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience and knowledge of community care, residential care, health and disability settings across the continuum of care.
- Demonstrated competence in use of MS Office product suite, on-line learning models, video conferencing, social media platforms and technologies related to face-to-face and online education and group facilitation.
The delivery of programs requires regular travel across the Perth metropolitan area and occasional travel across the broader WA region.
If you are a self starter, creative, well organised and an enthusiastic team member, we would like to hear from you.
In return we offer you flexible working arrangements, salary packaging, reimbursement for travel and excellent opportunities for professional development.
The position description can be found obtained here.
For any enquiries, please contact Lynne Hedley on 08 9225 4094.
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria to Recruitment@dementia.org.au
Applications close – Wednesday June 12, 2019.