Participants attend a two hour session over 5 consecutive weeks. The program is designed specifically for people in the early stages of dementia who still live in the community. Participants are able to bring a family member or friend with them if they like, who would attend a concurrent session.
The program focuses on practical strategies for living well with dementia.
- Understanding dementia, brain functioning and brain health
- Opportunity to meet and share similar experiences
- Practical strategies for living well with dementia including the importance of self-care
- Extend your knowledge on legal aspects
- Services and supports available
People with a diagnosis of dementia, their family and friends. Clients with a diagnosis may attend alone, however family and friends must attend with someone with a diagnosis.
Tuesday 16th October
10.30 AM - 12.30 PM
Free (this program is funded by the Australian Government)
By Tuesday 9th October (Registration is essential as numbers are limited)
For further information or to RSVP, please contact Dementia Australia on (08) 8372 2100.