The Memory Lane Café program is available for people with dementia and their family members.
The Australian and Victorian governments, under the Home and Community Care Program, have provided funding for Café Style Support Programs that are offered throughout Victoria.
These cafés provide an opportunity for people with dementia and their family members to enjoy time together with some refreshments and entertainment, in the company of people in a similar situation to themselves. Dementia Australia Vic counselling staff and trained volunteers also attend.
Join a Memory Lane Cafe
To enquire whether this event is suitable for you, please call the National Dementia Helpline on 1800 100 500.
Self referrals, as well as agency referrals, are welcome by calling the National Dementia Helpline, or by filling out and return the Dementia Australia Vic referral form.
Please click here to download the Referral Form:
Cafés are held in the following locations:
- Southern eastern metropolitan region: Wheelers Hill
- Northern metropolitan region: Preston
- Southern metropolitan region: Frankston
- Eastern metropolitan region: Bulleen
- Western metropolitan region: Albion (Multicultural: Macedonian, Vietnamese and Maltese)
- Regional Victoria: Geelong and Bass Coast
Bilingual workers are present at our Multicultural Cafés (in the Brimbank area) to ensure participants can actively participate with other cultural groups.
Other Cafe style support programs in Victoria
Dementia Australia Vic supports a number of other Cafe style support programs running in Victoria:
- Hindmarsh Shire, Horsham Rural City and West Wimmera Shire – click here
- City of Casey (Connections Café in Berwick) – contact 9792 7380
- Wyndham City Councils Aged and Disability Department (Reflections Café in Werribee) – contact 8734 4536
For other regional referrals to Dementia Australia Vic Services: Service Provider Referral Form - WORD DOC